Monday, April 04, 2016

BYS Velvet Liquid Lipstick


Heya! Glad to be back again with a haul and sort of a first impression.  Nowadays, we can say that matte lipstick has (again) become a fad.  I remember way back in my first year in college, 1996 to say, I used to love to wear matte on my lips.  But before, it was just the LIP----STICK.  There was no lipgloss or liquid lipstick.  All I remember, lipgloss was called "lip shiner".  Makeups weren't that complicated back then hehehe!!!

So anyways, as I was making a stroll in my "happy place" inside the Department Store, I came across with BYS stall and found this Velvet Liquid Lipstick





I chose the shade 01 Cherry Now.  When I first swatched it, it reminded me right away of Mac's Retro Matte Liquid Lipcolour in Feels So Grand




This retails for P399.00 and below is the swatch



 I also made a swatch comparison between the two products.




L-Mac R-BYS

Mac has an orange tone of red while the BYS has a purplish/pinkish tone of red.

This is how the applicator looks


This is how BYS velvet looks looks on me


  and this is how Mac Retro Liquid Lipstick looks on me



When you apply the lipstick on, it sets matte in a few secondsIt feels kind of drying on the lips.  But since I am quite used with liquid lipstick, it does not bother much to me.  It does not feel sticky and it does not transfer.  Only that, it tends to be patchy.  I need to apply twice to get it perfectAnother con is that, it cracked after an hour on me.

see my lower lip

I haven't eaten or drank anything yet.

This was how it looked like after 6 hours



Overall, I find the lipstick to be okay but I wont suggest wearing this on a night out, oh no no no....


So that's itI hope this first impression was helpful to you.

ÜÜÜ stay happy ÜÜÜ


No comments:

Post a Comment